NOTE TO OUR LOYAL ARTISTS

NOTE TO OUR LOYAL ARTISTS It is with sadness we have decided to close the Take-a-Word challenge. Since Marie's passing nine months ago, we have continued to administer the three challenges (Take-a-Word, Three Muses, and Digitalmania), but we have a need to lessen the load a bit. We ask that our loyal followers here at Take-a-Word continue to share your talents at Three Muses or Digitalmania (which is a Flickr site). We are immensely grateful for your participation for the past ten years or so, and hope to see you there. The bee challenge will be the final challenge for Take-a-Word. Ann and Bev

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Our Ozzie Friend

 


Marie, aka Ozstuff, our Ozzie friend, one third of the Three Muses art challenge blog founders, the creator of Take A Word art challenge blog, and the Digitalmania Flickr art challenge group. A very talented digital artist and the undisputed queen of digital painting. 


She liked to create in shades of blue or sepia, and on occasion to use scanned dictionary pages for her backgrounds. Looking at her artwork you can often see the twinkle in her eye and the tongue in her cheek.  She had a wickedly impish sense of humour.  See her artistic treatments of her Uncle Paul (by marriage) for evidence!


Her artwork was published in Artful Blogging Magazine but her self effacing nature meant it took much prompting to get her to advertise her success on her own personal blog.


I’ve been looking through some of Marie’s wonderful artwork and I thought you might like to too.


Rest in peace my friend.


Ann

9 comments:

  1. Oh dear Ann, thank you so very much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful I will save it in my file and keep it forever...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Marie and her art. My deepest condolence for her passing away.
    Thank you Ann for this marvelous collection of her talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely tribute to our friend. I think of her often. She taught me so many things.
    Yes RIP dear Marie, you are missed

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful, thank you. rest in peace Marie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know Marie personally ...But with deep dismay and sadness I have read that Marie passed away.

    I loved to look over Marie's blog and her art - so many suggestion & impressions. And what a wonderful & fantastic collage of her art here!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic tribute to Marie's art and her inspiration to us all. I will truly miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful tribute to Marie's art.

    I am so sorry that Marie passed away

    ReplyDelete